Flite Test Aura Light
- 0.50 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
Flite Test Aura Light
At Flite Test we believe every aircraft has unique characteristics and we want every pilot to be able to fully experience them! The 6 Axis FT Aura 5 Lite board was created through a special collaboration between Flite Test and Flex Innovations to make a stabilization system that is flexible and does not eliminate the personality of the aircraft but enables you to get the most out of it no matter what your skill level is. For pilots that have experience with stabilization in their aircraft, the benefits of the FT Aura 5 Lite may be obvious, but to someone who is new to the concept, here’s what you can expect:
Easy configuration, powerful features, flexible design and simple set up - This stabilization system can be taken out of the packaging, and installed directly into an aircraft without advanced configuration. Multiple profiles come pre-installed on the board with a generic Sport profile ready for most aircraft. Simply plug your servo leads into the appropriate ports and mount the control board in the proper orientation indicated on the included Quick Start Guide. Using the two buttons on the control board, you can easily navigate basic features like servo reversing, gyro testing and even aircraft configuration (conventional, elevons, etc). Beginner Assist modes can even be activated without connecting the board to the Aura Config Tool.
Smooth Flight Experience - On a windy day or in less than ideal weather, stabilization helps to react to forces on control surfaces that are not being input by the pilot. This gives you an experience of more control and authority over your aircraft.
Clean Responses - The Aura is designed to enhance the pilot’s experience, while not interfering with the pilot’s control. Your aircraft will fly as if it were bigger, and in less wind, even though it is as agile as you want it to be.
Programming and Mixing - All the power of your mixing, subtrims, wing configuration and even differential thrust is contained within the board on your aircraft which makes it so even the most simple transmitters can fly an advanced configuration. It may seem intimidating but all of these features are configured through the Aura Config Tool. The configuration is as simple or as complex as you would like it to be based on your needs.
Small Hardware Size - It was important that the size of the stabilization board would be able to fit in even the smallest aircraft. With a 33x28mm footprint and weighing only 5 grams this control board is designed to fit in sub 250g micros all the way up to giant scale aircraft. (See notes below) Even with the small size, the FT Aura 5 Lite can control up to 5 outputs based on the configuration you need.
Flexibility - The FT Aura 5 like other Aura systems is capable of flying any protocol, such as Futaba, Spektrum, FrSky, Hitec, Graupner, etc. With multiple ports for a serial connection, many receiver brands can connect with just a single cable. (DSM2/DSMX Satellites, Futaba S.Bus, or SRXL (Spektrum, JR Mode B, Jeti UDI 12, Jeti ExBusand Graupner SumD)
Launch Assist- This mode makes launching or taking off your model a breeze! Launch Assist helps the pilot concentrate on flying their airplane rather than the concerns of poor technique when taking off or hand launching. The default climb rate of launch assist can also be modified within the Aura Config Tool to allow for shallow or steep climbs based on your preference. Launch Assist established a fixed climb rate while keeping the wings level and instantly return control to the pilot once elevator or aileron inputs are made on the transmitter. Launch assist is enabled by default.
Level Assist- This feature helps bring the aircraft back to a level position when the pilot is not actively giving input. A lot of work has been done with this tune to make sure it doesn’t feel unnatural or mechanical. Rather the pilot will feel like they are flying a well designed trainer that will smoothly correct to a level attitude. The speed and behavior of level assist can also be adjusted from it’s default in the Aura Config Tool. Level assist is disabled in the default setup.
Bank Limit Assist- Something we have found while training new pilots is the tendency to over correct a mistake which turns into an unrecoverable situation for the pilot’s skill level. Bank Limit Assist keeps the pilot from crossing a threshold while still enabling them to feel in control of the airplane. For pilots that fly in smaller areas, the default Bank Limit Assist can be adjusted easily in the Aura Config Tool. Bank assist is disabled by default.
Easy Profile Loading For Endless Possibilities:
Aircraft Profiles - One of the features we are most excited about is the ability to easily load a profile for a specific aircraft model. While the FT Aura 5 Lite will work it’s magic on any aircraft, having specific tunes, mixes and custom settings for specific airplanes will make this system shine even more. We anticipate providing easy configuration profiles for Flite Test aircraft but are also excited to empower our talented community to create and share custom profiles of their favorite model of any kind or brand. These profiles will be hosted online in a manner that is easy to find, search and share new profiles. The Aura Config Tool , a free Windows Application, can be used to fine-tune and perfect your model. It’s been designed with the Pilot’s ease of use in mind. With the ‘New Config File Wizard’ and example Aura Config Files available for download, you’ll be able to quickly setup the Aura specifically for your aircraft.
Flex Innovations is known for its world class gyro stabilization systems, but is also known for easy programmability backed by a deep feature set for advanced users. Flite Test’s goal was to combine our vision of making a board that not only gives a great flight experience but can help new pilots through our 6 axis modes. Level assist, launch assist and bank assist are all created to not remove the disciplines of flight but to give peace of mind and the best experience possible from wheels up to wheels down. The FT Aura 5 Lite is a great introduction to more advanced flight control systems. Starting with this board will help you understand the characteristics and features that we have come to love and you will be able to continue to grow with the Aura brand as your needs become more complex.
- Enhanced Stability and Control for all types of Fixed Wing Aircraft
- Connects easily to receivers or satellites from all major radio brands
- Custom tuning through Windows PC, Laptop, Tablet or onboard through Quick Change Mode
- 3+ Flight Modes allow precise or aggressive settings to be selected in the same flight
- All flight modes are selectable with gyros “on” or “off”
- 3 Axis Gyro modes for Precision and 3D Aerobatics. Gyro can be turned on and off and ships in "Gyro Off" mode
- 6 Axis Sensor and powerful 32-bit processor for Beginner Assist Features
- Quick Trim feature allows simplified storage of trim offsets inside of Aura for optimum flight performance
- 24 Channel internal architecture makes Aura powerful and allows the user to setup an incredible variety of control solutions
- The Aura 5 also supports Jeti ExBus and the manufacturer owns the code so new features such as SRXL2 and other new protocols can be added in the future
- Five Servo Ports can be individually configured as (PWM) Inputs or Outputs
- Dedicated port for Genuine Spektrum DSM® Satellites
- Dedicated input port for single wire digital connection via S.Bus® (Futaba®) or SRXL (Spektrum®, JR® Mode B, Graupner SumD) or analog PPM stream
- Micro USB Port for loading model programs, user programming, and firmware updates (Cable Included)
- (1) Aura Lite Stabilization Board
- (1) USB programming cable
- (1) Male to Male Servo lead
- (2) Adhesive foam mounting pads
Special considerations for use with giant-scale airplanes (80-inch span for monoplanes and 60-inch span for biplanes)
- A serial receiver (like SRXL on the AR8010T, or a Futaba SBUS RX) must be used
- The A5 must be ‘properly’ mounted for giant scale use. This means not just taped down, but secured with a Velcro strap around the Aura, and using the 3d-printed ‘platform’ for the Aura
- Power consumption must be considered. Each servo connector is typically only good for about 3A continuous. On giant scale aircraft some high-power servos can exceed 3A for a single servo. The Aura 5 will need to be supplied with ‘adequate’ power for the entire system